Skin Care de Key
The secret that was never a secret is finally revealed. My personal skincare routine is a mixture of high-end and budget-friendly products with wellness habits.
1. Double cleanse twice daily with Murad's Refreshing Cleanser.
- The importance of double cleansing is to remove the debris that have been accumulating throughout the day. One cleanse won't always remove all the makeup or oils. The second cleanse will take care of the residual.
2. Gently blot face dry.
- Using a microfiber washcloth is less harsh on your skin. Also, make sure you're using a washcloth specifically dedicated to your face. Be mindful and gentle with your skin. Pulling or wiping too rough can cause premature wrinkles.
3. Murad's Essential-C Toner
- Toners balance your skin's pH levels back to normal after you've used a cleanser, exfoliant, or mask. Vitamin-C is the BLT of skin care - Brighten, Lighten, and Tighten. Vitamin-C boosts collagen production, reduces and prevents hyper-pigmentation, and is a natural neutralizer of free radicals. This particular toner is a part of Dr. Murad's Environmental Shield line. Toners are also refreshers that can be applied throughout the day as needed. I use my Murad Toner morning and night but carry the Mario Badescu Rosewater Facial Spray for a refresher throughout the day.
4. e.l.f. Hydrating Eye Cream
- If you watched the first Degrassi reboot with Wheelchair Jimmy before Jimmy got shot, it's time for an eye cream. The skin around your eyes is the thinnest so it needs all the help it can get. I use this twice daily! (Eye creams are to be applied below the brow bone and gently dabbed around the eye. Avoid the brows if you're in the process of healing after a microblading treatment due to the glycols.)
5. Farsali Unicorn Essence Serum
- Serums are concentrated liquid ingredients for the skin designed to penetrate and treat various skin conditions or concerns. For example, in the winter months, my skin becomes dehydrated and fine lines appear if I am not regularly peeling my skin. One of my favorite characteristics about this particular serum is the smell and the various anti-oxidant ingredients compounded into it like açaí berry, elderberry, and Vitamin-C. This can be used morning and night, however I use a specific night serum by Estee Lauder. Serums are an extremely important step to take in skin care that I recommend everyone invest in. They aren't cheap but a little goes a long way.
6. Murad's Skin Perfecting Lotion with TIZO Facial Mineral Sunscreen (Tinted) SPF 40
- Dr. Murad's Skin Perfecting Lotion has a low dose of Retinol in it that helps soften the skin's texture. It doesn't smell that great but I love it. My skin feels flawless. TIZO stands for Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide. I dab the TIZO sunscreen on my face - never rub - because it's a physical sunscreen and although it is tinted, it still leaves a bit of a white cast even on my fair/medium skin tone. Sun is the most damaging factor when it comes to aging. Protect yourself during the daytime no matter the weather conditions!
7. Lush Bubble Gum Lip Scrub
- Self-explanatory. Necessary. Dead skin cells have never been more delicious. Just trust me.
Other tips to acquire or maintain healthy skin:
- Drink plenty of water. Flush out those toxins and assist your body in replenishing those skin cells.
- Get plenty of rest. Certain people need less or more. Listen to your body.
- Add high antioxidant foods and spices to your diet. (i.e. strawberries, elderberries, artichoke, cilantro, cinnamon, clove, ginger, etc.)
- Stay active.
- Take care of you first. You cannot pour from an empty cup. Stress is a factor of premature aging.
Keep a look out for my product reviews. Follow @keyluxebeautyandink on instagram and my Facebook page for mini-updates.